Our Team of Professionals
Most recently, Laura was appointed as the Patient Care Ombudsman for
• The Bucktail Medical Center a Critical Access Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility in Region 3 (15-04297-JJT Middle District of Pennsylvania);
• Long Beach Memorial Nursing Home (d/b/a The Komanoff Center) a nursing home in Region 2 (14-70597-AST EDNY); and
• Restora Healthcare Holdings, LLC, et.al, two Long Term Acute Care Hospitals in AZ (14-10367-PJW Region 3 – DE).
Vernon Consulting was retained as the Medical Operations Advisor in these cases.
Laura has been a member of the Medical Operations Advisor Team retained by the PCO of 710 Long Ridge Road Operating Company II, LLC, et al. (13-13653-DHS), a group of five Connecticut nursing homes.
Her work as part of the Financial Advisor’s Team for the Debtor, St. Mary’s Hospital Passaic ($156 million annual revenues), enabled the Debtor to successfully emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy intact. The emergence of a Not-For-Profit Hospital intact from Bankruptcy without benefit of a Section 363 sale (substantially all the Debtor’s assets) was the first ever to occur in NJ.
Laura’s experience as a Bankruptcy Analyst for the U.S. Trustee’s office in Region 19 included the detailed review of debtor’s bankruptcy petitions and schedules, business records, periodic financial reports and any proposed reorganization plan for technical sufficiency and to determine financial viability, as well as providing expert testimony at trials. Laura also has prior experience with the IRS as a Revenue Officer, Offer In Compromise Specialist, and as a Special Agent.
While Treasurer for the Phoenix Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation ($4 million annual revenues), she was responsible for the implementation, direction, and oversight of all financial and accounting systems.
She has comprehensive experience providing financial, forensic, and bankruptcy-related services to debtors, creditors, trustees, and other parties in bankruptcies, restructurings and liquidations.
Laura is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified in Financial Forensics, and also a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor. She has a Bachelor degree in Finance and a Master of Public Administration degree. Laura is a licensed Nursing Home Administrator.
Maureen is a seasoned business and clinical expert at interpreting healthcare trends, designing proactive care delivery systems and collaboratively working with leadership teams to implement new systems that positively impact quality care, personnel performance, reimbursement and reflect best practice trends.
While working for a Healthcare Association, she conducted onsite quality assurance reviews for 85-long term care facilities (i.e. nursing homes, adult homes, and LTHHC programs) to assist in preparation for JCAHO accreditation and state/federal surveys. Coached and mentored facilities’ compliance teams assigned to the direct execution of quality process improvement tools, techniques and goals.
While working at the NY State Health Department, she effectively assisted the nursing home surveillance Program Director to interpret and implement both state and federal regulations to surveyors, and providers. Maureen also cross-trained as a New York State Health Department administrator in multidisciplinary interpretation and implementation of state and federal surveillance rules and regulations.
• Participated in assigning nursing home provider ratings, character and competency reviews, and resolving provider/surveyor disputes.
• Performed supervision of the Health Department LTC surveyor teams in reviewing their onsite findings, deficiency reports, plans of corrections and all related survey processes.
• Managed and directed surveillance team assignments, unannounced survey schedules, and processed/coordinated survey extensions between the New York State Health Department and HCFA
Maureen is a Registered Nurse licensed in New York and Connecticut. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, and a Master of Science Degree in Healthcare Administration. She is a trained Infection Preventionist and is credentialed in CPR.
Vince has significant administrative experience working both in public and private industry. He has worked as an Administrator and Manager for the Arizona Supreme Court Juvenile Justice Services Division and Adult Probation Services Division.
His extensive experience as a Clinician involves the delivery of mental health service, substance abuse counseling and clinical practice for adolescents and adults.
As an Administrator, Vince is responsible for:
Program Design, Development and Implementation;
Supervision of multiple facilities;
Supervision and Training of Clinical Staff;
Author/Coordination of Federal grants;
Quality Assurance/Utilization & Review;
Policy, Procedures and Licensure Compliance;
Monitor, Evaluate and Manage Organizational Effectiveness; and
Coordination of Drug Court and Criminal Justice Client Cases.
Vince is a member of the Adjunct Faculty for a local University and teaches courses in Substance Abuse, Sociology, and Research Methods.
Vince is a Licensed Pennsylvania Social Worker, Pennsylvania Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor , Certified Grant Writer, and also a Certified Instructor in Substance Abuse and Criminal Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Programming. He has a Bachelor degree in Psychology and a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree.
He is a strong leader with a hands-on management style, and proven track record in turnaround operations, bankruptcies, mergers, and reorganizations involving Hospitals. He is committed the administration of healthcare best practices, and has a collaborative style of leadership.
Bill brings the expertise to seamlessly step in and provide effective interim executive level management to distressed and underperforming businesses by developing a realistic, executable, restructuring plan designed to achieve long-term financial viability.
A few of his other representative engagements include:
• Interim CFO for six Florida and Ohio hospitals in bankruptcy to facilitate and effectively liquidated operations ordered by US Bankruptcy Court.
• Interim financial contract management of multi-specialty physician group included operations, finance, and grants management of $3 million grant funding, streamline and improve operations •
• As Executive Vice President/CFO of North Philadelphia Health successfully completed a merger of two financially distressed hospitals in bankruptcy.
• Responsible for the Prison Health Care contract with the City of Philadelphia including the oversight of the inpatient unit in the Hospital and offsite clinic sites.
• Served as interim CFO at three urban acute care facilities
• Executive Vice President/CFO of Graduate Health System Philadelphia, a teaching Hospital
• Director of Finance UMDNJ – University of Medicine and Dentisitry
Bill has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and significant coursework towards a MBA in Hospital Administration
His focus with these enterprises has encompassed:
• Strategic planning, capital planning and P&L management supporting growth, expansion of services and increased shareholder value.
• M&A advisory on both buy and sell sides, including post transaction integration.
• Leadership development and coaching.
• Operational efficiencies and implementation of operations, financial and quality metrics.
• Compliance at all levels from patient intake through service delivery, billing, and financial reporting.
• Ensuring patient care standards are met or exceeded.
• Financial restructuring and increased cash flow.
Kevin was appointed Patient Care Ombusman for 710 Long Ridge Road Operating Company II, LLC, et al. (13-13653-DHS), a group of five Connecticut nursing homes
Positions held include President, CRO, M&A Advisor, Chief Strategy Officer, FA, Coach and Mentor, Patient Care Ombudsman
Meredith’s experience as a Valuation Analyst includes the detailed review of financial statements and general ledgers, understanding company & industry trends, normalizing the benefit stream, reviewing financial projections, and ultimately determining an applicable valuation method(s). She performs on-site visits to discuss the operations and financial situation of the Company. She is skilled at compiling and preparing financial documents and exhibits needed for litigation and preparation for expert testimony at trials.
Meredith is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Valuation Analyst, and is Certified in Financial Forensic. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA),the NY State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) and National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA). She received her B.A. in Economics from Rutgers University and her M.B.A. with a concentration in Accounting from Monmouth University.
Preparation of preference and insider analyses for multiple Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 assignments
Assisted Debtors with Statements of Financial Affairs and Schedules preparation for Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases
Provided initial research and insolvency analysis outlines and drafts including conducting Z-score and other ratio analyses
Claims reconciliation and objection work, including tax claim objections
Prepared federal and state payroll tax returns, including W-2s for Chapter 7 cases
Pitch Book and marketing preparation
Maintained bank account information and check registers for Court appointed Trustees for liquidating Trusts.
Document organization, gathering, and indexing, including data room uploads and maintenance.
Maintain current knowledge of technology to minimize time needed to perform tasks, including software needed for data analysis and review
Miguel is a Certified Public Accountant and has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. He is fluent is Spanish and an expert at Excel.