Areas of Expertise
Vernon Consulting offers Bankruptcy Financial Advisory Services, Commercial Litigation Support, Healthcare Compliance and Monitoring Services, Interim Crisis Management, and other Specialized Forensic and Dispute Services.
As the appointed Patient Care Ombudsman (PCO) and the PCO’s Medical Operations Advisor, our Professionals provide quality, detailed monitoring and reporting on the quality of patient care. Our Professionals have a unique combination of forensic, operational, and clinical care experience to properly determine the appropriateness of patient care, which serves as a foundation for the comprehensive monitoring of patient care provided by the Debtor.
Our knowledge and experience in the health care industry provides the Court, as well as all interested parties, an understanding of the quality of care of each Debtor by:
- Evaluating the quality of patient care at each of the Facilities.
- Assessing the Debtors’ ability to maintain quality care, licensing, and accreditation, as well as their continued diligence.
- Understanding the impact of state and federal legislation.
- Providing critical analysis of current health care reimbursement to the Debtors’ financial condition
- Providing a concise and clear understanding of the impact of the pending bankruptcy on the Debtors’ operations.
- Comprehensive reporting to the Court and interested parties.
Bankruptcy Financial Advisory Services are available to:
- Debtors/Chief Restructuring Officers
Our hands on management of complex cases, includes overall evaluation of operations and future profitability, including an assessment of cash flow, revenue generation, and cost reduction initiatives to determine long-term viability. Our services include the detailed preparation of forecasts, projections, and cash flow reports, along with full service preparation of all mandatory Court Statements, Schedules, and Reports: Statement of Financial Affairs and Schedules, Monthly Operating Reports, and analyses used in Disclosure Statements.
- Creditors’ Committees
Our Advisors develop a comprehensive understanding of the business operations and finances of the Debtor(s) to render valuation, liquidation, preference, and insider analyses and determinations.
- Liquidating Trustees
Overall Trust Administration Services: preference and claims administration, claim distributions, and maintaining the Trust’s financial affairs.
- Examiners/Examiner’s Accountant/Auditor
- Reviewing, analyzing, reconciling, reporting, and approving transactions, for all payables, receivables, payroll, bank accounts, and inventory.
- Aiding controller and management in preparation, and adherence of budgets.
- Implementing a multitude of internal controls, after applying internal audit and forensic accounting procedures, to deter shrinkage and other managerial issues.
- Detecting practices, which adversely impact Company operations and cash collateral.
- Monitoring sale of approved assets.
- Monitoring Trade Shows.
- Comprehensive reporting to the Court.
- Commercial Litigation Support
Involvement from initial case development, including investigation of facts, analysis of documents, aid in preparation of interrogatories and deposition outlines, through the issuance of expert report, and expert testimony regarding litigation or disputes resulting in Loss of Income or Equitable Claims for Adjustment.
- Business Valuation and Forensics
Investigation, analysis, and issuance of valuation report for matrimonial, gift and estate, and shareholder dispute purposes.
- Insurance – Fidelity Loss
Forensic investigation, analysis, and issuance of expert report and expert testimony in review of claimed losses involving fraud, embezzlement, burglary, and robbery fidelity losses to provide documents in support of the method and quantify the amount of the loss for insurance companies and their counsel, for privately held and publicly traded companies.
- Insurance – Business Interruption
Investigation, analysis, and issuance of expert report in review of claimed losses or preparation of claim, involving loss of net income and continuing expenses to businesses sustaining covered losses.
- Insurance – Property Damage
Investigation, analysis (using various accounting and auditing techniques), and preparation of supporting information and reports for insurance claims involving loss of property.
Vernon Consulting brings the expertise to seamlessly step in and provide effective interim executive level management to distressed and underperforming businesses. Our Advisors work alongside your company’s management to develop a realistic, executable, restructuring plan designed to achieve long-term financial viability. Our plans are designed specifically for your company’s needs, which may include:
- Operational efficiency
- Cost reduction initiatives, including negotiating with creditors, vendors, and lenders
- Sustainable Revenue Growth
- Profitability and optimization of cash flow
- Strategic use of capital
- Trustee and Examiner Services
The US Trustee or a party in interest may request that that a Trustee or Examiner be appointed to investigate of any allegations of fraud, dishonesty, incompetence, misconduct, mismanagement, or irregularity in the management of the affairs of the debtor of or by current or former management of the debtor
Vernon Consultant’s Professionals are trained investigators allowing us to undertake complex forensic accounting engagements where fraud is alleged or detected. We have investigated allegations of fraud, accounting irregularities, false statements, abuse of expense accounts, improper revenue or expense recognition, insufficient corporate controls, financial fraud, and other improprieties, by reconstructing audit trails, performing analyze relevant facts, tracing missing assets, to help preserve existing assets and provide control and stability for companies.
- Special Transactions
Vernon Consulting Professionals have experience in the acquisition and disposition of distressed companies, assets and other special situations, including the non-distressed sales of assets, preparation of Request For Proposals, and overall sale advisory.